Custom Pattern Sizing
A custom outfit is really the very best way to get a personalized, perfect fit, every time you sew!
Take your measurements to the nearest 1/4 inch as follows:
1. Chest measurement: taken with a deep breath, arms held out at shoulder height, over fullest part of chest.
2. Waist measurement: taken at the natural waistline.
3. Hip measurement: taken around the fullest part of the buttocks.
4. Girth measurement: taken from the center of the shoulder, down the front, through the crotch, and up the back to the starting point.
5. Crotch measurement: start the tape measure at the natural waistline in front, down between the legs to the waistline in back.
6. Sleeve length measurement: measure from the shoulder seam at the top of the shoulder down over a slightly bent elbow to the wrist.
7. Underneath sleeve measurement: from the armpit to the wrist without any bend in the elbow. (straight arm)
8. Arm measurement: around the largest part of the forearm, just beneath the armpit.
9. Inseam (men only): not in the illustration. Measure from the highest point of the crotch to where you'd like the pant hem to fall.